Mission & Vision
- To make committed efforts for the development and growth of each student.
- To prepare students from diverse backgrounds for the challenges that they will face as business and community leaders.
- To educate and prepare career professionals to be global citizens who are effective leaders, managers, and scholar-practitioners.
- To educate students to think critically and to create or apply the acquired knowledge for the benefit of society and individual.
- To prepare students for successful careers in industry, service and business, in the country and elsewhere, by offering high-quality professional business programs in a student-centered learning environment.
- To become a centre of excellence, providing high quality research, training and consultancy in management, accounting, marketing, finance and development. The Mission is to be accomplished primarily through instruction, supported applied research and service.
- To educate leaders for business and society. The school embodies its mission through its innovative integrated curriculum; through its distinctive leadership model; through its traditional multi-sectored focus; all faculty and staff of the DAIS Business School, with the support of our other stakeholders, are dedicated to innovation in courses, curricula, delivery methods, and services to students according to the needs of the students and the organizations.
High Quality – we value intellectual challenges, acquisition of knowledge, problem solving, and creative and critical thinking.
Ethics – we value personal integrity, accountability to others, compliance with laws, and social responsibility.
Respect – we value collaboration, human diversity, trustworthiness, freedom of thought, and freedom of expression.
Commitment – we value engagement with the individual student, the School, and the global community and environment we serve.
- Conduct all of our academic affairs with integrity.
- Be committed to the DAIS Business School’s vision, mission, core values, and principles.
- Treat each other with dignity, respect, and sensitivity so as to create a caring environment that allows faculty, staff, and students to reach their greatest potential.
- Stay focused on, and anticipate the needs of our constituents so we can prepare our students to be “shapers” of our society, not mere “reactors.”
- Set high expectations for ourselves and demonstrate initiative, judgment, flexibility, and teamwork so we may fulfill our mission and vision.
- Have a compelling desire to advance the knowledge of how organizations function, and apply this knowledge so that developing creative solutions is a major focus of life.
- Have the vision, creativity, openness, and receptivity to challenge the status quo, to create learning and change, and view our role in the DAIS Business School as part of a dynamic process rather than a set of static, fixed relationships with related tasks.
- Constantly try to understand the contributions we can make to the vision and mission of the organization, and seek to contribute where there is a clear, comparative advantage.
- Believe that lifelong learning, and the application of that learning, greatly enhances society.
- Be culturally mature and demonstrate a strong appreciation for diversity and the richness it brings to life and learning.
- To develop and deliver high-quality and strategically-focused business programs.
- To prepare students for successful professional careers through developing their knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
- To recruit, develop, and maintain faculty who pursue teaching excellence, scholarship, and service to the profession.
- To provide a culture of intellectual inquiry that promotes an awareness of global issues, ethics, and social responsibility.
- To promote effective engagement among individual students and the School, and the global community.